The 4th of July weekend was the first weekend we were able to do some camping. This is probably our favorite activity to do as a family. With a small broken pipe in our house that led to a flood and the crappy June weather, this is the best we could do.
We had a great time. Mike caught a very small fish. Mom and Dave came up to eat with us. I have no idea why it looks like Mike and the kids were singing in this pic! In the other pic Addie and Owen are dirty as can be, but loving every minute of it!!! And to think, I used to only let Sid have a sucker if it matched her clothes cause I didn't want stains on them. Guess I've gone downhill since those days.
Why would I take a picture of these butterflies? Well, this kind of butterfly means a lot to me. My Grandpa Loveland (mom's dad) died when I was very young. I don't have many memories of him. One memory I do have is of him helping me catch this kind of butterfly one day. He helped me put it between 2 pieces of glass. I kept it for many years. Then, the day before Sidnee died she caught one of these. I believe they are called a Tiger Swallowtail? On our 4th of July camping trip we came aroung a corner and saw a ton of these butterflies on some puddles. It was a beautiful sight!!




No comments:
Post a Comment