Saturday, January 16, 2010

10 years





















Sidnee would have celebrated her 10th birthday Dec. 22, 2009. I wanted to put some of these pictures in to wish her a happy birthday. The layout isn't quite what I wanted, but I'll take what I can get. And of course I have to type in purple cause it was her favorite color. I'll describe the pictures in order.
I love this one of Sid! It just captures her and her personality. She was such a happy carefree girl. She didn't have much time here so she needed to live life to the fullest. And why not wear your snow boots with your swimsuit while eating a gogurt?
This is one of me and her. It was taken while we lived in the main street house. We were on our way to church. It is special also cause Mike's Mema (grandmother) bought this little dress for her. (Mema died 3 months before Sidnee).
Her and Mike camping. They were 2 peas in a pod. She adored Mike so much. It would have been easy to be jealous of their relationship. I also like this one cause Sid loved to get dirty. I was a lot more strict then and hated her getting dirty.
Sid and Otis under the desk. Still not sure what those 2 were doing. Maybe it's better I don't know. I like this one cause she loved animals. She loved Otis. And most of all, she loved these 2 blankets of hers; Blue's Clues and Yellow-green. That's what their names were. I wondered when she passed away if I should put them in the casket with her to comfort her. She hated being without them. But I know where she is, she needs no comfort. It is I who is hear that needs the comfort of them.
This when we brought her home from the hospital. We were able to bring her home on Christmas Eve. I had never felt the spirit of Christmas more than I did that year. It was so much fun. And everyone was so excited to meet her. Mom had bought her this Santa suit. We all thought she would be much bigger than she was. The suit drowned her!! But I was determined she was coming home in it!!
And last but not least, her and Addie. This was taken on Addie's first Christmas. Addie was probably about 6 wks. or so. Sidnee was 3. I like this one cause it was their first Christmas together. I was so excited when I found out I was having another girl!!! I loved to dress them alike. Sidnee and Addie had such a special relationship. They were very close and hardly ever fought. That was one of the things that broke my heart so much when Sidnee died. Not for me and Mike, but for Addie. She seemed so lost without Sid. She had always followed Sid around. I'm sure Sidnee still checks in on all of us often, but maybe a little more so with Addie.
I love and miss you so much Sidnee. Life hasn't been quite as full since you left. There isn't a day you aren't thought about. You have so many people you have touched here. I pray that we can all be together in Heaven. Thank you for teaching me how to love. Happy 10th sweetheart!!
I also want to say Sidnee is the reason for me putting the song "Lord I hope this day is good" on my playlist. Not long after Sidnee died (maybe only a couple of weeks) I was on my way to work. It had been a tough morning. As they all were back then. This song came on the radio. I thought that is exactly how I feel! Had heard it every since I was little, but boy did the words ring true that day!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how quickly the time has passed! Well said dear, so sweet! We miss her too! It was so fun seeing those pictures! What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete