This is the dock at Carol and Claude's (Mike's dad and step-mom) They live on the St. John's river. Although, these are different days on the dock, I combined it together. This is Mike and the kids taking a walk. The ones with the sun are the last day we were in Florida. ( of course the warmest). Mike had the kids sitting out on the dock fishing with them when I got up. This was their first time fishing. So I took my breakfast out and ate there. Beautiful day. It was hard to come back to Utah and the snow and cold. After the fishing, Carol came out and convinced them to put a toe in the water. The next thing I know they jumping off the end of the dock with Mike. I hesitate to put the picture of that in cause Addie and Owen only had their underwear on. We didn't think we would need swimsuits in Jacksonville the beginning of Feb. I guess we were wrong! I wasn't too keen on the idea. This water is so gross. And don't forget Aligators and snakes swim this river. However, I remembered they were in hibernation this time of year (well, I was told). So, I figured what the heck! I knew the kids would love it. And figured Carol and Claude would love to see these grankids swim in the river. It's kind of a big deal for someone to swim in the river this time of year. But not for these guys! They swim in Bear Lake in the summer! Which is pretty darn cold. On the way up the kids decided to take the lift up. Carol had a lift built for Claude so he could get in the water in the summer. Which is pretty cool since he had a massive stroke almost 4 years ago.
It's been a while!
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment