Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Addie's babtism




































Addie was babtized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Saturday, November 6, 2010. The day after her birthday. It such a special day. There was a very special spirit with us that day. Mike babtized and confirmed her. We had a lot of special friends and family who attended. There was a talk on babism with all the stake. Then we seperated by ward. Addie was the only child being babtized from our ward that day. Addie's friend Gracie and her sister Isabel (Sidnee's best friend) sang a beautiful little song. Mike and the priesthood confirmed her. I gave a talk I could barely get through. Then I showed a video I had put together on Addie's life so far. Brother Turner gave some closing remarks. Then Owen gave the closing prayer. It was such a beautiful day. Addie was so thrilled. I watched her taking it all in. Listening to the songs and talks. She has grown so much. I am so proud of her. She is so kind and loving. We always remark, "Where would we be without Addie?". Don't think I would want to know. Mom made her beautiful dress. It was very difficult for her as her hands and eyes don't work as well as they used to because of the chemo. I was thinking as I helped dress her in that dress that it wasn' t so long ago I got her ready in a beautiful white dress that Mom made her for her blessing day when she was a newborn.
I am so thankful for all the friends and family who came. Also for those who helped and also made delicious food. Again, she was so lucky to have family there. All grandparents were there. We missed my Dad and Sidnee who were looking down on us and sharing in that special day. We are so proud of you Addie!

No comments:

Post a Comment